The partnership with OIKO CREDIT began in June 2014 after them doing company assessment and signing a memorandum of understanding.
OIKO contribution to the ACE;
- Salary payments for three staff namely the manager, bookkeeper and extension worker, for six months so far.
- Inputs to 120 farmers which include 120 bags of 50kgs DAP, 1200kg of Longe 10h maize and 20 bags of 50kgs UREA.
- Two training workshop; cooperative governance principles and values held in Mityana plus the records management workshop at Namirembe guest house in Kampala District.
- Consistent monitoring and advises.
Due to the above contribution, some of the following have been the acquired;
- Increased service delivery by the management staff after OIKO Credit officers’ advice and salary boosting.
- Existence of Demonstration gardens that are being used for study purposes
- Records keeping and management adjustments after the training on records management
- Equipped governance principles among the board and RPO leaders.
- Increased membership and reputation of the ACE, among others.