- Construction of a storage facility -500 metric tons
- Purchase of a 10 ton truck-maintenance and fuel expenses for 1 year
- Processing equipment and a mill house-maintenance and fuel expenses for 1 year
- Crop finance
- Re-stocking of the agro input shop
- Acquisition of 2 motor cycles
- Office and quality improvement equipment ( 2 computers, office safe,5 weighing scales)
- Capacity building in
- Cooperative governance and principles
- Financial management, monitoring and evaluation
- Post-harvest handling and quality improvement
- Stores management Financial systems upgrade
- Study tour
- Sales and marketing
- Payment of staff salaries for 1 year (7 staff)
- General office expenses
Project goal : Improving the standard of living of smallholder farmers in Kyankwanzi District, Uganda.
- TACE’s total annual income (before taxes and depreciation) will change from UGX (38,524,049) in the project’s year to :
- UGX 21,227,929 in Project Year 2; and
- UGX 74, 749,721 Year 3
- The value of maize purchased from farmers will increase from UGX 85,897,350 in the Project’s year to :
- UGX 116,854,238 IN Project Year 1.
- UGX 193,043,200 IN PROJECT Year 2, and
- UGX 242,682,880 IN Project Year 3
- Increment in the number of active farmers supplying produce to TACE from 2,575 in the project base year to 2,833 in year 1, 3,116 year 2 and 3,428 in year 3
- Increase in the annual quantity of maize purchased from farmers from 156,177 kgs in the base year to 212,462 kgs in year 1, 327,192 kgs in year 2 and 411,327 in year 3.
- Increase in TACE’s annual sales revenue from 124,941,600 in the base year to UGX 178,468,290 in year 1, 340,606,731 in year 2 and UGX 463,335,091 in year 3
- Production and Harvesting of Maize
- Purchase and Storage
- Maize Milling .
- Produce Marketing
- Training Activities